Thursday, 3 December 2009

The London/Essex boundary - Hainault

TQ 44 92
The London/ Redbridge /Essex boundary goes east south of Bracken Drive and Murtwell Drive. It crosses Fencepiece Road and turns south east along the northern end of Brookside. It then follows to the rear the V shape of Limes Avenue and Copper Avenue

Post to the west Claybury
Post to the north Grange Hill
Post to the east Hainault

Sites on the London, Redbridge side of the boundary
Anne Way
One of a large group of Tudor road names here
Aragon Drive
One of a large group of Tudor road names here
Boleyn Way
One of a large group of Tudor road names here
Brunswick Gardens,
Appears to be an intruder among a large group of Tudor road names here
Cardinal Drive
One of a large group of Tudor road names here
Cleeves Walk.
One of a large group of Tudor road names here
Franklyn Gardens
Baptist Church. Hainault Baptist church started in 1938. During the war meetings were held in the pavilion of a playing field and then in the home of a member. A tent mission resulted in a large increase in membership, a minister was appointed, and in 1948 a church was built
Hanover Gardens
Appears to be an intruder among a large group of Tudor road names here
Katherine Gardens
One of a large group of Tudor road names here
Montfort Gardens
Appears to be an intruder among a large group of Tudor road names here
Shakespeare Square
One of a large group of Tudor road names here
Tudor Crescent
One of a large group of Tudor road names here
Wolsey Gardens
One of a large group of Tudor road names here
Sites on the Essex side of the boundary
Copperfield
Limes Farm Estate managed by Epping District Council. Previously camp for American soldiers
Fencepiece Road
St Francis of Assisi 1956 by J.J. Crowt. Brick. The distinguishing feature is the tower with broad offsets, which create a spreading structure; it contains a balcony. Low aisles. New Fairlop Oak. Wetherspoons pub 107Old Maypole Pub
Limes Avenue
Limes Farm Estate managed by Epping District Council

No comments: