Thames Tributary Ravensbourne
A tributary to the Quaggy flows north
Post to the north Hither Green
Post to the south Hither Green
2 Edith Nesbit lived for a while
South Metropolitan Gas Co. lamppost
Hither Green Lane
Joins Brownhill Road; until 1833 it was part of a big wood
The Little stream from Verdant Lane emerges in a gardenParish boundary marked on a building.
Railway. Little stream which is parish boundary channelled underneath
Pillar box and strip vending machine. Only 50 ever made in 1932. Unpopular with postmen
Hither Green Depot. In September 1933 the Southern Railway opened an engine shed complex here. There was a concrete-shed with six roads, an elevated coal stage and a turntable. The shed's role as a freight depot. Sidings were used for re-marshalling of freight. In the 1960s Steam vanished, as did the coaling stage, but the turntable remained and is still in existence today, in connection with the sidings. In 1982 the depot had become part of ‘‘Railfreight .’’ It handled North Kent aggregate to and from the Hoo Peninsula and Angerstein Wharf, and there was still significant traffic from the Oil refineries on Grain, plus regular scrap steel from Sheerness and with the opening of Thamesport in 1990, they handled the container traffic from the port. The depot came under the control of English Welsh & Scottish Railway (EWS) in February 1996, and the former British Rail Civil Mechanical & Electrical Engineering department (CM&EE), which had been based here since 1991, became part of Balfour Beatty. Half of the original engine shed had been demolished in 1993 and the remaining portion modernised, but a new structure for housing Balfour Beattie's maintenance stock was built in December 1997.
Part of the South Circular road.
St. Mildred 1878-9 by H. Elliott. Kentish rag. Brick interior. Stained glass chapel window by Wilhelmina Geddes, 1952.
Junction stream ran down here. Parish boundary
South Metropolitan Gas Co lamp post
25 well there Chalybeate.