Monday, 8 November 2010

Thames Tributaries – the River Graveney - Gorringe Park

Thames Tributaries – the River Graveney
The Graveney flows north west but then turns south


Post to the west Tooting
Post to the east Streatham Common


Ascot Road
First in an alphabetic sequence of road names
The Graveney flows parallel and west of it

Beclands Road
Furzedown Primary School

Eastbourne Road
One of an alphabetic sequence of road names
The Graveney flows parallel under it

Fallsbrook Road
The Graveney flows parallel and south of it

Gorringe Park Avenue
St.Barnabas. Socking great church built in 1914 by Henry Philip Burke-Downing. Listed grade II
Church Hall. Built 1908 by the same architect as the church

Mitcham Lane
Roe Bridge. At one time maintained by the Merchant Taylors Company
260 Mitcham Lane Baptist Church. Built 1902 by George Baines and R P Baines. A Perpendicular Gothic building in red brick. Listed.
276 Mitcham Ichthus Fellowship church. Late 20th church building
StJames Church Anglican. Another Victorian church

Mitcham Road
The Graveney turns south from Seeley Road and runs under the pavement on the east side of the road, which is also the boundary line for the Borough.Police station. Huge 1930s moderne building on the site of a golf club house.

Moyser Road
Laid out in the grounds of Furzedown House early 20th.

Rural Way
The road name is in an alliterating pair with Rustic Avenue
The Graveney flows parallel and south of it

Seeley Road
The Graveney flows parallel and north of it
Southcroft Road Link
The Graveney flows parallel and south of it

Streatham Road
Trading Estate

Welham road
Church Hall for the Baptist Church

No comments: