Thames Tributary Pyl Brook -
The Pyl Brook flows north west towards the Beverley Brook
Post to the north North Cheam
Post to the east Sutton Common
Named for Brock Firework Co who had a factory near the London Road.
Also known as Lower Cheam. The manor of East Cheam was owned by the Archbishop of Canterbury until the Reformation when it passed to the Lumleys. The manor house demolished in 1800 and replaced by Lower Cheam House. This was demolished for housing in 1933. The 'East Cheam' made famous by Tony Hancock in the 1960s already existed by the 13th
Pyl brook runs parallel and north of the road
Kimpton Industrial Estate
Sutton Sewage Works. This was Sutton District Water Co. And L.C.C. Well had some buildings of the 1970s. Now gone. Once closed it was left derelict and subject to fly tipping
Trading Estate. The land to the east was the Sewage Treatment Works site
Cheam Park Farm School. 1937.
Developer Gleeson on the Park Farm site from the 1930s.