Saturday, 15 January 2011

Thames Tributary Wallace Brook - Reigate Park

Thames Tributary Wallace Brook
The brook flows westwards going towards the Mole


Post to the south South Park
Post to the west Reigate Heath

Ede’s Field
A group of houses known as Cabbage Stalk Town. Ede’s were farmers in this area
Wayside, 19th. Ironstone and flint
April Cottage & 5 Ede’s Cottages 19th. Brick
1 & 2 Ede's Cottages 19th. Ironstone
The Cottage.19th. Ironstone

Littleton Lane
Disused reservoir. The Reigate Water Co. Was formed here in 1859.

Park Lane
Reigate Rugby Club. Founded in 1934 with an ‘enviable location’

Reigate Park
Reservoir
Reigate Priory Park. This is the western part of the park around Reigate Priory – this had been an Augustinian priory, converted into a house for Lord Howard of Effingham. The Park was given to the borough by Mr. Vogan in the 1920s
Priory Pond. This was once a number of fish ponds. The earliest recorded is 1391. There were five in 1770 which were turned into one by 1860.
Lady Henry Somerset’s secret garden.
In the woodland is the tallest Hornbeam in the UK
Break Neck Hill with memorial bench

No comments: