Sunday, 27 February 2011

Thames Tributary River Mole = Hersham

Thames Tributary River Mole
The Mole curves north west and north east


Post to the east West End
Post to the south Fairmile


Burwood Close
Scout HQ


Burhill Road
Church of St. Peter built 1887 by J.L. Pearson in Buff stone and with a square tower
Holy Trinity church was built in 1839 as a Chapel of Ease. The land on which it stood was a gift from William Holmes, Esq. 1887, but when St Peter's was built Holy Trinity Church was demolished. The site is marked by a stone near the north wall of the Churchyard
School for Infants 1842 financed by public subscription. This had had many changes but a part of the original building still stands. It was passed to Surrey County Council in 1881
Southwood Manor Farm - trading estate with many businesses.
Farm House, divided into flats. 16th with 19th. Timber framed with brick cladding. Inside some exposed frames and wattle and daub infill
Riverside by Southwood Manor Farm - flint instruments found in large numbers dating mostly from the Mesolithic period.
Woodlark NurseriesCommunity Centre
Piglets - nursery
Willow Farm


Pleasant Place
Health Centre
Burhill Infant School
Smithy – this was in a brick building now part of a private bungalow

No comments: