Sunday, 20 March 2011

Thames Tributary Ingrebourne - Harold Park

TQ 56 92
Thames Tributary River Ingrebourne
The Ingrebourne flows south west towards the Thames


The Great Eastern Railway Line from Liverpool Street to Shenfield runs north eastwards from Harold Wood Station

Post to the west Harold Wood
Post to the north South Weald
Post to the east Boyles Court


Boundary London/Essex/Havering.
The boundary used to follow the Weald Brook until, just past the corner of Mount Avenue it joined the Ingrebourne River. The boundary then turned sharp eastwards crossing the railway and went along the northern boundary of the sewage works, crossed Head Lane and continued eastwards. This has since been replaced by taking the boundary down the M25


Harold Park
A stretch of land between the A12 and the Ingrebourne.

Nags Head Lane
Thames Water Treatment Station. Sewage works opened for Brentwood in 1912. South Weald and Shenfield Special Drainage District. At first R. Preston, a local solicitor offered to deal with Brentwood sewage by spreading it on land in Nag's Head Lane, adjoining his house, Harold Court. This caused a terrible stench and in 1881 he absconded, the freeholder refused to take over the contract. It was agreed in 1882 that the authority should buy the Nag's Head Lane site and works were completed there in 1884.

Sources
British History Online. Web site
Thames Water. Web site

No comments: