Thames Tributary Ingrebourne
The Ingrebourne flows south west and is met by Paine’s Brook flowing from the north west.
The Great Eastern Railway from Liverpool Street to Shenfield runs north eastwards from Harold Wood Station
Post to the west Harold Hill
Post to the east Harold Park
Post to the south Harold Wood
Bates Industrial Estate – Bates were the developers of the brickworks site in the 1940s.
The Old Brickworks Industrial Estate. Harold Wood Brickworks were established by 1878 by John Compton, later of the Grange and was sold in 1887 to Alfred Rutley. By 1894 it was run by George King from Northampton who bought the site in 1896. The brickworks had a siding at Harold Wood station. King extended the works and built four cottages but the works closed around 1900. It was used for grazing until it was reopened in 1929by Hermann Noppel. It closed again in 1933 to become waterlogged. It was redeveloped as an industrial estate In the 1940s by Thomas Bates and Son
Elms Industrial Estate
Harold Court Primary School 1929
Painsbrook Adventure Playground and Open Space – green play space around the brook.
Harold Court Road
Harold Court built by a Brentwood solicitor as a mansion in 1868. He became bankrupt and it became a children’s home, an asylum, a sanatorium, a teacher training college and then flats.
Harold Park Baptist church. Founded in 1930 but in 1959 joined the Fellowship of Independent Evangelical churches.
Said to be where King Harold hunted in the woods and the area was part of a royal estate in his lifetime.
Part of the Sunnytown development
Bungalow estate by Essex builders Iles and Co. After the First World War on the lands of Horse Block Farm. It is an estate of twee bungalows.
British History Online. Web site
Harold Park Baptist Church. Web site
Harold Court Primary School. Web site
London Borough of Havering. Web site