Thames Tributary Mardyke
The Mardyke flows south east
Old London/Essex boundary
This boundary has changed and now runs down the M25. However it previously followed the Mardyke and ran along the north of Warley Hall Wood.
TQ 60873 89530
Countryside area with industry and a bleak landscape
Post to the west Warley Street
Post to the south Little Warley Hall
Childerditch Hall Drive
Childerditch Industrial Park. About 1937 the Essex Brick Co. opened a works here. This works were taken over c. 1946 by the Costain Concrete Co. It has since become a major industrial site with many works in place. German prisoners of war were housed on this site.
This was built to link the cement works at Childerditch Hall with the arterial road. The road name is that of a German concreting process developed in the 1940s and is used as a company name worldwide.
Pit or earthwork
Little Warley Hall Lane
British History on Line. Little Warley. Web site