Thames Tributary Paine’s Brook
The brook flows south towards the Ingrebourne and the Thames
Post to the north Harold Hill
Post to the east Harold Park
Post to the south Harold Wood
A12 Colchester Road
Mead Primary School
44 in December 1948 the first family on the estate moved in. The father was a bus driver, with seven children. Two of his five boys were in the military and one of his two daughters was in the Women’s Land Army.
Morris Dancer Pub. Listed 18th house. Originally New Hall Farmhouse in red and blue brick. It was originally built 1625 -1675 and the name ‘New Hall’ is medieval so it likely stands on the site of an earlier building. It is effectively two houses built together side by side since it has two separate roofs. Inside all rooms are interconnected. At one time it had a priest-hole approached from a spiral staircase and stepping through a doorway. It was a deep niche in the wall designed to appear empty from outside. The house was bought by the L.C.C. in 1947 and converted into a pub
Painsbrook Way Open Space – green space alongside the brook
Salvation Army Harold Hill Corps
St. Paul’s church built in 1953 for the new L.C.C. estate.
Spilsby Business Centre