Thames Tributary River Rom
The Rom flows south eastwards
Wantz stream - ditches and springs in this area may feed into the Wantz Stream flowing south towards the Beam River
Post to the north Collier Row
Post to the east Romford
Post to the south Romford
Eastern Avenue West
Eastern Avenue was built in the 1920s as the A12 and as a bypass for the section of the Roman road to Colchester which went through Ilford and Romford
Imperial Bus Co. There were offices for this private bus company here in the, 1920s.
Wantz - a ditch running along the southern edge of this road might be a source of the Wantz stream.
Mawney. Originally ‘Mawneys’, a manorial name from the family of Sir Walter de Mauny, distinguished soldier, who is mentioned in 14th-century records and who founded Charterhouse. This was an area for gypsies who made brushes and doormats. The land was sold off for housing in 1883 and laid out like a letter A.