Saturday, 2 April 2011

Thames Tributary – IIngrebourne tributary - Harwood Hall Lane



Thames Tributary – Tributary stream to the Ingrebourne Two tributaries flow south west towards the Ingrebourne. One stream flows from Gaynes Lane the other from the pond in Parklands both crossing Park Farm Road

Post to the west Hacton
Post to the north Corbets Tey
Post to the south Gerpins


Aveley Road
Central Farm with nursery and farm shop
Central Cottages
LLantrisant Oaks
. Stan’s Gym. House of Muscle.
Delta Force Paintball
Greenacres Trading Estate
.
Bonnets Wood
. Paths and native trees with the stream connecting to a small wet meadow in the south western corner of the site. New community woodlands by Forestry Commission. Part of arable land of Central Farm, farmed by the Bonnetts since 1920s.

Park Farm Road
Gardners Corner – the area was also once known as Smokeholes from Smoke Hall Farm.
Gospel Hall now used by a Nursery. This was The Hacton Central mission, founded in 1904 by Mrs Strang of Rainham Lodge. Although it was non-denominational it was used by Wesleyan preachers and eventually in 1911 given to the Congregationalists who used it until 1963.

Gerpins Lane
GLC Tip and refuse centre now privately operated.

Harwood Hall Lane
A Romano-British (Iron Age) farm was found on part of the estate in 1962. It may have Bronze Age features.

Parklands
The park is the fragment of a Georgian park. Owned by the local authority since 1965
Corbets Tey School. Special needs school

No comments: