Thames Tributary Cripsey Brook
The Brook continues to flow south towards the River Roding. It is joined by a tributary from the east and another from the west.
TL 52 09
Post to the north - High Laver - 52 10
Post to the west - Magdalen Laver - 51 09
Post to the east- High Laver - 53 09
Post to the south -Ashlyns - 52 08
High Laver Lane
All Saints Parish church, this dates from the 12th and altered since. It is built of flint rubble with some Roman brick, and clunch dressings. There is a tower in three stages. Inside are brasses with figures of a man in armour and a woman in headdress, bodice and full skirt. There are also several wall monuments including one to Locke and an inscription written by him.
Churchyard. The chest tomb of John Locke, philosopher, 1704, brick with stone slab and cast iron railings
High Laver Hall. 19th farmhouse. Now Ashlyns. Barns: one weather boarded and yellow brick and other red brick
The Thatched cottage.19th thatched building.
Start Farm. A small timber framed farmhouse, which may be 16th
Oak tree – veteran tree approximately 250 years old in a field near Start Farm.