Sunday, 19 June 2011

Thames Tributary River Roding – Stanford Hall Brook tributary to the Cripsey Brook - Magdalen Laver

Thames Tributary River Roding – Stanford Hall Brook tributary to the Cripsey Brook
Stanford Hall Brook flows eastwards towards Cripsey Brook and the River Roding


TL 50 09
post to the west - Wynters Armourie - 49 09
post to the east 51 09 Magdalen Laver

Belsnam Wood

School Lane
Old school. A school was established in 1818 by the the rector William Webb Ellis, who, whilst at Rugby school, picked up the ball during a football game and ran with it, thereby establishing the game of Rugby Football. The school continued in associated with the church until 1846-7. In 1862 a school was built on land given by Anna Maria Meyer with the rector and churchwarden as managers. There was also a teacher’s house. In 1902 it passed to the Essex Education Committee and was closed in 1960. The building is now housing
Melanese Cottages. timber framed and could be 17th

Tile Gate Road
The Old Rectory. This was a new rectory built in 1850. It is red brick and was occupied by the rector until 1950.
Hall Farm Lodge


No comments: