Thames Tributary Shonks Brook
The Brook flows south east towards the Cripsey Brook and the River Roding
Post to the north Wynters Armorie
Post to the west Hastingwood
Rolls Farm. Timber framed 17th house with later alterations. Timber framed
Sewards Hall Farm. Mentioned in Domesday, this is a 15th manor house on a moated site plus a smaller 16th house. There was some fire damage in 1885. It was originally a hall house with the other house corner to corner with it, for separate households. Inside is a bread oven with a cast iron door, an early wooden and lead lined water tank, and a pump in working order with a stone sink. Outside is a privy with 'Manor Closet', with a wooden seat with a wooden lid, and a lower seat for child. Up to 1977 this was a dairy farm with Friesian/Canadian Holstein cows.
Willow Place and Hastingwood Business Centre
Wynters cottage. Late 16th house with later extensions. Timber framed, and plastered with exposed framing.