Thames Tributary – River Roding
The Roding continues to flow south west and is met by a tributary from the south east
Post to the north Oakwood Hill
Post to the west Buckhurst Hill
Post to the east Barringtons
Post to the south Chigwell Station
North western area of the land once covered by the Grange Farm Centre, which was a holiday and camping centre opened in 1951. It closed in the 1980s and is now redeveloped for housing, plus a pavilion and nature site, with community use of some space
Grange Farm Riding Centre. Thus was set up in 1958 by Mrs. Norah Jacques and called 'Pony Riding for Paralysis' and 'Chigwell Riding Trust For Special Needs' in 2000, inspired by a paralysed Scandinavian Olympic dressage champion. Mrs. Jacques was helped by Gerard van der Gucht of Forest Lodge Riding School who lent ponies. Patients came from St. Margaret's Hospital, Epping and later St. Thomas's Hospital and special schools. The Trust was funded to set up the site in Chigwell by the London Parochial Charities and it was opened in 1964; with new stables in 2000.
Playing fields. This is also part of the Roding Meadows Nature Reserve
Wakes Hall. 1938 house in ‘Tudor’ style.
Site of Manor House. The manor moved here in the 17th from nearer to the Roding and a newer Manor now exists to the south.
Chigwell Cricket Club. The club claims to date from 1988 playing at Ray Park in Woodford, and to have been called 'Aural Sculpture', later Garden Cricket Club. In 1998 they became Chigwell Cricket Club playing at the Old Chigwellians ground.
Roding Lane Gas Distribution centre
The Old Chigwellians Club. A sports and social club for old boys from the school.
M11 Chigwell Logistics Centre. Since 2009 the southbound side of the site has been used as a logistics centre for vehicles destined for the Olympic Park construction site. This area was originally planned as a motorway service area on the M11 but the motorway has never been built to its planned length and the plans were not popular at a 1971 public inquiry. The site was later used as a police control depot with an emergency turn-around area and a bridge was built but no connections to the local road network.