Thames Tributary Seven Kings Water
The Seven Kings water flows south towards the River Roding
Post to the north Little Heath
Post to the south Goodmayes
Post to the east Chadwell Heath
The continuation of Wood Lane north of High Road, to Little Heath. The name is first recorded in 1609 and may be a corruption of an older word - ‘Berdelove strete’.
Redbridge College was Redbridge Technical College opened in 1970. It is part of a college on two campuses offering vocational courses in a range of subjects it has a Restaurant open to the public as well as hair and beauty salons
Newbridge School. The school is an amalgamation of Ethel Davis School for children with physical disabilities and Hyleford Schools which joined in 2005 to cater for special educational needs over the age of 14.
King George Hospital. A major general NHS hospital. Plans to relocate the King George's general hospital from Newbury Park led to the redevelopment Goodmayes Hospital site in the area north of the main building and the new hospital opened in 1993.it was built by YRM, Wimpey Construction Ltd of two-storey, yellow brick blocks around a court and Flexibly planned for expansion. Also areas for acute services by Architects Design Partnership.
Goodmayes Hospital. Built by West Ham county borough in 1894 at Bluehouse Farm. Designed by Lewis Angell, borough architect as an asylum for 600 patients with hall, laundry, works with a Thames Ironworks steam engine, boiler house, water tower, and male and female wards - patients living in cottages linked by walkways to communal buildings – and also isolation hospital, mortuary and chapel along with a lodge, steward's residence, two detached officer's residences and four pairs of semi detached cottages. An asylum farm was to the south. Buildings were in red brick, with a cupola to the main block. In the 1920s a new admission hospital was built and new wards. Under the National Health Service its name changed to Goodmayes. The hospital is currently still in use with the main asylum building and Tantallon house (the original Superintendent's house) in use for mental health services but much else has been demolished, including the farm buildings.
Chapters House completed .2002 for mental health patients previously in Goodmayes Hospital and it is on the site of the admissions hospital
Meadow Court nursing home replaced Chadwell Heath Hospital and has 34 beds for frail elders and 36 beds for patients with dementia. It is on the site of the Goodmayes female blocks
Car park on site of the chapel
Seven Kings Water forms the western boundary of the site
Chadwell Heath Lane
Chadwell Heath Hospital. This was Ilford isolation hospital opened in 1898 by the Urban District Council. In 1915 a new ward for tuberculosis opened and in the 1930s wards in a cruciform style were added plus a kitchen block. Under the NHS it came under the Ilford and Barking Group Hospital Management Committee and it expanded from 51 to 172 beds. It had a records office and laundry undertaking work for other Group hospitals. During the 1950s some wards were converted for elderly patients and Geriatric Unit was established and in 1960, when it was renamed Chadwell Heath Hospital and it was considerably updated including a rehabilitation unit. By 1990, when it had 133 beds, it was a hospital for geriatric and chronically ill patients, with a special unit for multiple sclerosis. The Hospital closed in 2001 and the site is now used for housing.
Chadwell Heath Academy. This was formerly known as The Chadwell Heath Foundation School and is a comprehensive school with 1200 pupils.