The Pincey Brook flows eastwards to the River Stort
Post to the east Sheering Hall
Post to the north Pishiobury
Post to the south Old Harlow
Post to the west Harlow Mill
Marsh Lane.The Gibberd Garden. In 1956 Frederick Gibberd, architect and planner of Harlow new town purchased land here with an early-20th century building called 'The House'. He developed this into a show place garden until his death in 1984. It is now owned by the Gibberd Garden Trust. The site is on the side of a small valley going down to the Pincey Brook. It has Terraces, wild garden, landscaped vistas, pools and stream; 'Roman Temple', moated log 'castle gazebo, tree house and large collection of modern sculpture. The House itself is on high ground Surrounded by formal gardens linked to views from the windows. To the east is a paved court, plus a small canal. To the north is a terrace with a rectangular pool with a concrete gazebo, and Grotto which predate Gibberd as does the avenue of limes which include Mary Gorarra's Swan and Cygnet. The lawn slopes towards the site of a planned Labyrinth on an old tennis court. A shrubbery from the round pool passes Antanas Brazdys' stainless steel fountain, and to Gerda Rubinstein's statue Lucinda. To the west is The Temple - Corinthian from the Coutts Bank in The Strand. A line of pools, rockwork and paths lead to the Pincey Brook which is widened plus boulders from Llyn Celyn Reservoir, which Gibberd landscaped. There is also a waterfall.
Sheering Lower RoadAylmers. This was an alternative to the manor of Sheering although separate until 1805. The house is on an old moated site. It is a timber framed 17th Lobby entrance manor house since extended. A panel in a downstairs hearth is dated ‘1615’.
Barn. Timber framed, weather boarded, barn from the 18th
Campions. This is an old farm site first recorded in 1044. It became a tenement held by the Campion family in the 14th. There was a house here by 1314 which was rebuilt in the 17th and enlarged in 19th. Following a fire in 1930 it was converted to flats in the 1950s.
Mayfield Farm. Bakery and other food outlets in farm buildings. There is a Cast iron pump from the C19, against the barn wall.