Saturday, 3 December 2011

Canons Brook - Colt Hatch

Canons Brook – tributary to the River Stort
Canons Brook flows north west towards the Stort
Area to the north of Harlow providing sports fields and space.

Post to the south Hare Street
Post to the north Eastwick
Elizabeth Way
Barrows Farm.This was on the corner with Roydon Road
Ash Tree Field Harlow Town Cricket Club. The Frank Pavesi Pavilion.  Stort Cricket Club was set up in 1960. It was then a bit posh with celebrity matches and so on. It used the new sports centre initially
Harlow Town Football Club. The club moved to this a new stadium in 2006. The club dates to the 1870s
Canons Brook Golf Club. Club opened in 1966. The brook runs through the course and it is thus named for it.
Harlow Rugby Football Club. The club ground is called Ram Gorse and it dates from 1955.
Hobtoe Road
Sculpture. Iceni by Anthony Hawken in Portland stone. It is all about ancient tribes and Celtic brooches. Also patterns about the cloud patterns on Jupiter
The Shark. Pub named after a butterfly.  Has live bands, etc.
Oakwood Chapel. Evangelical church
Hidings Road
Little Parndon School. Large primary school
St.Thomas More. Catholic church opened in 1965
Spring Hills
Colt Hatch Labour Social Club
 


Sources
British History online. Harlow. Web site
Canons Brook Golf Club, Web site
Essex County Council. Web site
Harlow Rugby Club. Web site
Harlow Town Cricket Club. Web site
Harlow Sculpture. Web site
Little Parndon School. Web site
St Thomas More. Webs site

Oakwood Chapel. Web site
Pevsner and Cherry. Essex
The Shark. Web site

No comments: