Tributary to Cobbins BrookThe tributary flows north east towards Cobbins Brook
Post to the north Shingle Hall
Post to the west Epping Upland
Post to the east Epping Upland
Post to the south Bury Farm
All Saints Church. This was the original church for Epping, of which the church in the town was a chapel of ease. It is built of flint rubble covered in pebble- dash. The nave appears to be 13th and there have been many additions since. It was originally a possession of Waltham Abbey passing to the Crown at the dissolution. There is a 16th red brick tower. There are six bells and a bell chamber in the tower with notices about notable ringing sessions. Also on the tower is a clock – which is fixed on a place where it can be seen by latecomers from Epping. There are many monuments including a brass to Palmer, Professor of Common Law at Cambridge. John Overall was vicar here in 1592; he is one of the people who helped translate the Authorised Version.
Churchyard. There is a mounting block outside the church. There is a Giant Redwood, Wellingtonia alongside the church
Elm Cottage. 18th house in red brick originally used as the church house. In the early 19th it became the Chequers pub. Now housing.
Takeleys. This was a manor once called Claygarth, taking its name from 15th tenants. It is a 17th timber frame house, with inside a carved fireplace and 17th floral wall painting. The surrounding moat is almost complete.
Takeleys Farm Cottages
Eppingbury Farm. Owned by Waltham Abbey this was the original manor for the area. The manor house lay to the south of here at Bury Road.