Yeading Brook flows south east and south west
Post to the north Headstone Lane
Post to the south North Harrow
Post to the west Pinner
is now the A404 - re-signed as this in the 1980s to bypass Pinner Village.
Manor Recreation Ground. This is a remnant of the
medieval Headstone Estate, worked as a farm until the 1920s. The recreation ground area was sold to Hendon
Rural District Council in 1925 and became Headstone Park in 1928. Headstone
Copse, is in the south east corner and fenced off, it has mature oaks and is
thought to have been used for pannage. There is old hedgerow along the east side.
The Yeading Brook runs through it.
Park First School
Park Middle School
Nower Hill High School - Headstone School was built in 1929 by Middlesex County Council. But the original red brick
building was soon joined by a series of outbuildings. A new school opened in
the early 1960s and more blocks were added with a development programme in 1993.From
1974 it was known as Nower Hill High School
station. Built in 1937 as the local fire brigade headquarters and includes a
New Cemetery. Pinner New Cemetery dates from 1933, and was laid out to designs
by Borough Architect, S W Richardson. There is a gothic lodge with a date plaque.
. The drive to the chapel is lined with horse chestnut trees and elsewhere there
are oak trees that pre-date the cemetery and planted of birch, cypress,
sycamore, cherry and hawthorn. Among the monuments there is a notable red
granite armchair grave of Susan Dunford, who 'left her chair vacant' in 1954. Three is a children's graveyard area and an
area of Czech soldiers
Boulevard Gardens. These are two areas of public gardens either
side of the cemetery entrance.
Pinner Court is on the eastside - Capel Gardens to the west 1935
by H.J. Mark. luxury flats with the flamboyant green-tiled roofs so popular at
the time North
Harrow Methodist Church. Present site was purchased in 1925 and a building
opened in 1927. The Lower Hall was added in 1930 and in 1931 fund raising for a
new church began. In 1955 the foundation stone of the new church was laid and the
building was opened in 1957. At the end of the 1960s the lower hall was
replaced by two new halls and a meeting room
Gardens on line web site
Harrow Methodist church. Web site
High School. Web site
and Cherry. London North West