Sunday, 20 October 2013

River Gade. Rousebarn

River Gade
The Gade flows southwards

Post to the north Jacotts
Post to the east Rickmansworth Road
Post to the south Croxley Green

Lodge End
Cassiobridge House. The house was demolished before in 1965. There has been a house here since the 18th with orchards, greenhouses and a poultry farm. In 1939 it was sold to Associated Film Distributors as their headquarters and was demolished when they left.

Grand Junction Canal
This section was part of the Grand Junction Canal, built to link the Oxford Canal at Braunston with the Thames at Brentford.
Rousebarn Lane Lock
Cassiobury Lock
Viaduct across the Gade and Grand Junction Canal for the Metropolitan Railway. The viaduct was built in 1912 by the London & North Western Railway. Train services were withdrawn in 1996 and the track is now cut back
Bridgewater Boats Marina..

Rousebarn Lane
This is named after a 16th local farmer
West Herts Golf Club on a part of the Cassiobury estate. The clubhouse dates from 1911 and has recently been refurbished.
Rousebarn Farm
Gade Bank – just 16 houses

Sources
Canalplan. Web site.
Greenman. Croxley Green through its street names
Three Rivers Council. Web site.
West Herts. Golf Club. Web site

No comments: