Post to the north Great Warley
Post to the east Parkers Shaw
Beredens was a small independent manor with a house and estate. By the 1830s the house was known as "Bellevue" by this time and there were also two cottages rented to labourers. The estate was divided and sold in 1865 and in 1918 there was a further sale. The house was destroyed during the Second World War. In 1971 it was sold to the Greater London Council. Concrete foundations may still be observed where the house stood.
Folkes Lane Woodland. From four arable field grouped around a steep hill this has become a major landmark, tucked between the A127 and M25. From its top are vistas south over the River Thames to the North Downs and west across London’s Docklands and Canary Wharf. Over 90,000 native trees are on site, providing a screen to the M25 motorway.
Beredens Lane path over the motorway. Between junctions 28 and 29. The central reservation marks the boundary between London and Essex (L.B of Havering on the left and Brentwood on the right)
British History Online. Cranham. Web site
Forestry Commission. Web site
History of Cranham. Web site